Friday, February 10, 2012

hey y'all

Well, I've decided to give the blogging world another go. I started a blog just over a year ago and just  couldn't commit to it. So, I decided to start fresh, in hopes of sticking to it this time. Here goes...
I'm Crystal. I've successfully made 23 trips around the sun... and counting. I was raised in several small towns along the coast of the magnificent South Carolina, but home to me is Kingstree, SC - where my mom & dad were both born, raised, met, got married, and after 30 years and 2 kids, they found their way back. My older brother, Dray, and I were born in Pawleys Island and lived there until we were 13 and 15. My dad was offered a dream job working on a plantation in Ridgeland, SC - so that's where we went. After graduating highschool, I high-tailed it out of that small town as fast as humanly possible. I moved to Conway, SC to attend Coastal Carolina University, where I stumbled across this handsome fellow...
Cinco de Mayo 2009
That's Ryan. He's 26 and a New Jersey native. He came to Coastal to play baseball but decided to find younger girls in bars around Myrtle Beach instead... :) We met in the summer of 2008 after he graduated.
In March 2009, we were blessed with a gift so precious, it could have only come from Heaven...
Moby at 6 weeks
Moby was a gift from my Aunt Lynn after my family gave her Moby's mother, Millie. My parents have Millie's father, Booh. Miniature Schnauzers have been in my life since I was 3 years old and got my first puppy, Sally. Moby has been the joy of my life for 3 wonderful years. I'm a little obsessed :)
Sleeping inside Rioz Steakhouse
Fuzzy little boy with his bowtie
Ready for Christmas 2009
Happy 1st Birthday!
Happy 2nd Birthday and first time in the snow. He LOVES it.

Go Clemson!
My favorite picture: Looking so happy at the vet!
Picking his 3rd Birthday gifts at Petsmart this week
We aren't the least bit afraid to admit that we have one very happy, spoiled with love, handsome little guy here! So on with the rest of my story... In September 2010, Ryan and I decided to take a stab at life on his turf. So, we moved to his hometown in NJ, just outside of Philadelphia. It has been quite an adjustment but we are enjoying every moment. Ryan has a wonderful job at a pharmaceutical company and I am trying to make my way into Nursing school.
Ryan and I cook everyday and I'm constantly taking pictures of our creations to post on Twitter. 
Hopefully, I can post some recipes and other things that we enjoy on here! Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment