Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Projects

Typically on Sundays, Ryan gets crazy ideas and involves the entire family in his shenanigans. Ryan, his mother, grandmother and myself are usually in the kitchen for the better part of the day making whatever his heart desires. These "projects" in the past include making fresh mozzarella cheese, pickled peppers, homemade handstuffed sausage, the list goes on and on. This Sunday was different, however. Yesterday, I went out shopping at the mall so Ryan went to his parents' to build a cheese press. That way, on future Sundays we will be able to make any and every cheese you and I could ever think of.
It isn't finished but essentially, the cheese curds will be in that plastic bucket and a block of wood will press down on it for around 12 hours before the cheese ages in the refrigerator. So since his project was completed yesterday, he decided to whip out a new gadget that he got a few weeks ago on Amazon.
It's a marble cooking stone that you put in an oven for about 10 minutes, let it get really hot and then place it over Sterno if you're cooking for a long period of time. We happened to have a few shrimp in the freezer so we didn't use the Sterno pot thingys (IDK what you call them?) but instead just heated the stone in the oven and put the shrimp on it. It's pretty much the same concept as hibachi but on marble. And yes, we have plenty of pots and pans that these little shrimp would've cooked perfectly in... but that is beside the point :)
Yesterday, I went to Charlotte Russe and Sephora. CR was having a great sale with a ton of great buys. I just went in to grab a shirt to wear out for the night but came upon these little cuties
I'm in love! They came in a pack of 5 other pairs but I wasn't a huge fan of the others. All of the jewelry was 2/$10 so I grabbed a cute little ring, too. Pretty good deal if you ask me. At Sephora, I picked up 
Sephora Ultimate Dual Exfoliating Face Brush $18
I've been on the fence for quite some time about buying myself a Clairsonic Mia, but something about dropping $120 on a skincare tool that I may not even use doesn't sound like my cup of tea. So I figured I would get this, try it out for awhile and see if I use it/like it before I get the Mia. So far, I'm loving it!
I also got 
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Primer : Adjust $38
This stuff is flat out amazing in every way and I really can't live without it. I have a bit of uneven skin tone on my face due to redness. Mostly because I go tanning, scrub the shit out of my face everyday, and since I have combination skin I use two different moisturizers for different parts of my face. (Is this weird?) So the green, offsets the redness and well, it vanishes! Also, BareMinerals foundation clings to this primer. Perf :)
My last little goody is something I came across in CVS. I'm pretty much in love with LivingSocial in every way so when they offered $20 of merchandise for $10, I was all over it. I thought it would be great to use for cotton swabs, nail polish remover, magazines... whatever! All my life I've spent $8-$9 per bottle of OPI and Essie polish but when I saw Revlon's new spring colors, I had to give them a try. 
Revlon Colorstay : Posh $3.99 at Walmart or $4.99 at CVS
How adorable for St. Patty's? And um.. well every other day! I'm in love and frankly, I'm off the OPI bandwagon after this. I bought like 6 different colors so I'll be showing them off soon.
I bought another shade also, Impulsive.
However, I wasn't really in LOVE with it like I am with the Posh. I was afraid that I wouldn't ever wear it so I returned it the next day. I think I may regret this decision so it's pretty likely I'll go back and get it again.
Such tough decisions... :)
Alright well I suppose that's all for now. Hope y'all have a wonderful week... I think my next post will be inspired by motivation... because I NEED SOME! 
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment