Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy March!

Spring is in the air! At least for the day... It's a whopping 60 degrees here... and sunny! That's mostly unheard of for March. So while the rest of the East Coast is listening to the rain all day, I got up and went to the gym and came back in time to watch the Phillies play their first Spring Training Game!! Obvi these games don't count but they get me SO excited for the season! I love baseball and I love love love the Phillies :)
Our mascot Phillie Phanatic - the best mascot in sports!
I'm looking forward to the start of the regular season - Opening Day is April 9 vs Florida Marlins!
On Wednesday, we had company over for dinner so Ryan always goes all out to show off his skills in the kitchen. He made Pork Osso Bucco similar to this recipe which was DELICIOUS. I must say this is a dish that hits a home-run every time and Ryan has perfected it. The pork is fall off the bone tender and one shank is more than enough for one person. I had some leftovers which went straight into Moby's dish! :)
On the side he steamed broccoli, my favorite, and made garlic mashed potatoes which pairs perfectly with the pork because there is always so much gravy left and it's y-u-m on potatoes. To make the gravy, Ry used the emulsion blender to incorporate all the veggies in with the stock. It's full of so many amazing flavors.
 This photo really doesn't do it justice. My plate was very small so it looks like much more than it actually is. And the pork shank had already been a little eaten off of ;) Still delectable all the same!
Have a fabulous weekend!
Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment