Tuesday, February 28, 2012

becoming domestic

I never thought I would be 23 years old and cooking, cleaning, doing laundry and everything in between for myself and another person. But becoming domestic isn't so much for him as it is for me. I have a new found respect for people with spotless homes. It's not an easy task but it's become an obsession of mine. I can't stand for things to be out of place! Last night I cooked a delicious dinner, all from scratch, and did a pretty great job if I do say so myself. I even made dessert!
I snooped around on Pinterest until I found a few yummy things that I could make and put on a plate together. 
I was inspired by this recipe from Food.com of "Easy Garlic Chicken." I added onions, honey and a splash of soy sauce to the recipe. Also, per the comments below the recipe on that site, I lined my baking dish with foil for easy cleanup. I also found a yummy recipe from Gimme Some Oven for Sweet Potato Fries, my potatoes were small so I made them into round chip shapes but thicker. I made my Grandma's Brown Rice recipe on the stove (always a winner) and tossed together some creamed spinach and wa-la! 
I even impressed myself :)

I'll save Gemama's Brown Rice recipe for another post... :)
For dessert? Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - Ryan's favorite (I'm not the biggest fan..)
 Cheers!

1 comment: